The P.G.D.B.L. is one-year programme, with 14 courses, spread over 2 semesters of 6 months each. Each semester will have 7 courses.
The programme will be covered through an array of activities including Continuous assessment through quizzes, assignments, research papers as well as viva. The 14 courses covered in the programme are
1. Introduction to Law
2. Business Organisations
3. Law of Contracts and the Sale of Goods and the Partnership Act
4. Company Law
5. Law relating to Securities
6. Competition Law and Law relating to E-Commerce
7. Insurance Law
8. Property Law I: Real Property
9. Property Law II: Intellectual Property
10. Public and Private International Laws
11. Law relating to Foreign Investment in India
12. Banking Law and the Negotiable Instruments Act
13. Taxation: Direct and Indirect
14. Environmental Law
The P.G.D.B.L. is the only programme in India that provides continuous evaluation through out the duration of programme. It allows students to identify areas of expertise and interest and also build on points of weakness. Online evaluation is supported with online and offline faculty support through video-calls, phone calls and email support, in addition to query resolution and discussion through Virtual Classroom and Discussion Forums, on myLaw.net.
The evaluation for P.G.D.B.L. will have three components:
• Continuous Assessment: Online submission of answers to the quizzes based on the study materials for each course.
• Submission of Research Papers on two courses evaluated by faculty at N.U.J.S.
• Viva at the end of the programme.
We liaise with industry experts to conduct webinars on relevant, trending topics that are designed to enhance your knowledge and create expertise. You also receive fortnightly market updates to keep abreast with latest news, views and trends in the market!
mylaw.net allows students to receive feedback and support from faculty, and ensures a continuous dialogue between learners and trainers in and out of the classroom. Once registered, the learners will have access to personalized learning space customised to enhance their learning experience in P.G.D.B.L., including:
• Access courseware, which will be in the form of reading material and interactive multimedia sessions;
• Resolution of doubts and help through subject mentors;
• Submission and viewing of assignments;
• Attempt test and quizzes.
Please see the Programme Delivery and Support page to know more about the support systems provided to the P.G.D.B.L. students